This lecture is about designing interactive systems, with the technology focus on ubiquitous computing. It is suitable for master and PhD students.
Formal information about this course can be found at the Graz University of Technology’s Course Website. In particular the course times and places are always up to date there!
This website will be continuously updated with respect to lecture schedule, lecture slides, and information about assignments.
List of Lectures
- March 1 – Administrative Stuff and Intro: Motivation and Activity Theory as Theoretical Background for Understanding Context of Use. Exam 1 incl Answers
- March 8 – Understanding Context of Use, Assignment 1 (until March 15), Template for planning observation and interview for assignment 1, Exam 2 incl Answers
- March 15 – Prototyping and Iterative Evaluations, Assignment 2 (until April 12), Exam 3 incl Answers
- April 12 – Participatory Design (Theory + Workshop)
- April 26 – Evaluations Workshop, Assignment 4
- April 28 – Android Tutorial Day
- May 3 – Ubiquitous Computing, particularly Ubiquitous User Interfaces
- May 10 – Questions on Programming (please write an email)
May 24 – Presentations 1 (cancelled as one day for presentations will be sufficient)
- May 31 – Presentations 2