- Course name: Semantic Technologies
- Course number: 707.011
- Type: VU
- SWS: 2 (VO), 1 (KU)
- Course times: Thursdays, 13:00 – 16:00 (we start on time)
- Course website: here
- TU Graz Online: Link
- Instructors: Wolfgang Kienreich, Viktoria Pammer-Schindler
- Address: Inffeldgasse 13, HSi8
- e-mail: vusemtech at@ know-center.at (remove spaces, replace at@ with @), please start subject line with [707.011]
In a nutshell, semantic can be defined as the interpretation of syntax. In this lecture you will learn how to structure (~model) data and knowledge, how to express it in conceptual entity-relationship models, RDF(S), XML, N3, and OWL, and how to access it using XPath, Xquery and SPARQL.
Please be present at the very first lecture (lecture 0, Oct 24) – we will talk about how the course is organised and how you will be graded!
Please arrive on time for the lectures, we start at 13:00 sharp.
Structure of course
6: Linked Open Data (Dec. 5, workshop-style, laptop)
7: Information Visulaisation and Visual Analytics (Dec. 12, lecture)
8: Ontology Engineering (Jan 9, workshop-style, no laptop)
9: Exam Preparation (Jan 16)
Mini-Exams and Solutions:
10: Exam (Jan 23)